To Us Who Are Like Laodiceans Jesus Gives Hope with Words of Encouragement > 엘렌의 글방

사이트 내 전체검색

엘렌의 글방

To Us Who Are Like Laodiceans Jesus Gives Hope with Words of Encourage…

페이지 정보

글씨크기

본문

To Us Who Are Like Laodiceans Jesus Gives Hope with Words of Encouragement ㅡ

“Because thou sayest, I am rich, and increased with goods, and have need of nothing; and knowest not that thou art wretched, and miserable, and poor, and blind, and naked:

I counsel thee to buy of me gold tried in the fire, that thou mayest be rich; and white raiment, that thou mayest be clothed, and that the shame of thy nakedness do not appear; and anoint thine eyes with eyesalve, that thou mayest see.”

(Revelation 3:17, 18)

Yet the case of those who are rebuked is not a hopeless one; it is not beyond the power of the great Mediator.

Though the professed followers of Christ are in a deplorable condition, they are not yet in so desperate a strait as were the foolish virgins whose lamps were going out, and there was no time in which to replenish their vessels with oil.

When the bridegroom came, those that were ready went in with him to the wedding; but when the foolish virgins came, the door was shut, and they were too late to obtain an entrance.

But the counsel of the true Witness does not represent those who are lukewarm as in a hopeless case.

There is yet a chance to remedy their state, and the Laodicean message is full of encouragement; for the backslidden church may yet buy the gold of faith and love, may yet have the white robe of the righteousness of Christ, that the shame of their nakedness need not appear.

Purity of heart, purity of motive, may yet characterize those who are halfhearted and who are striving to serve God and mammon.

They may yet wash their robes of character and make them white in the blood of the Lamb.

There is hope for our churches if they will heed the message given to the Laodiceans.

(S.D.A. Bible Commentary Vol. 7 966)

www.3AMS.com

댓글목록

등록된 댓글이 없습니다.

Copyright © KASDA Korean American Seventh-day Adventists All Right Reserved admin@kasda.com