Jesus Has Given Us the Most Blessed Hope of His Second Coming > 엘렌의 글방

사이트 내 전체검색

엘렌의 글방

Jesus Has Given Us the Most Blessed Hope of His Second Coming

페이지 정보

글씨크기

본문

Jesus Has Given Us the Most Blessed Hope of His Second Coming ㅡ

"Let not your heart be troubled: ye believe in God, believe also in me.

In my Father’s house are many mansions: if it were not so, I would have told you. I go to prepare a place for you.

And if I go and prepare a place for you, I will come again, and receive you unto myself; that where I am, there ye may be also.”

(John 14:1-3)

One of the most solemn and yet most glorious truths revealed in the Bible is that of Christ’s second coming to complete the great work of redemption.

To God’s pilgrim people, so long left to sojourn in “the region and shadow of death,” a precious, joy-inspiring hope is given in the promise of His appearing, who is “the resurrection and the life,” to “bring home again His banished.”

The doctrine of the second advent is the very keynote of the Sacred Scriptures.

The coming of the Lord has been in all ages the hope of His true followers.

The Saviour’s parting promise upon Olivet, that He would come again, lighted up the future for His disciples, filling their hearts with joy and hope that sorrow could not quench nor trials dim.

Amid suffering and persecution, the “appearing of the great God and our Saviour Jesus Christ” was the “blessed hope.”

When the Thessalonian Christians were filled with grief as they buried their loved ones, who had hoped to live to witness the coming of the Lord, Paul, their teacher, pointed them to the resurrection, to take place at the Saviour’s advent.

Then the dead in Christ should rise, and together with the living be caught up to meet the Lord in the air.

“And so,” he said, “shall we ever be with the Lord. Wherefore comfort one another with these words.” (1 Thessalonians 4:16-18).

(The Great Controversy 299, 302)

www.3AMS.com

댓글목록

등록된 댓글이 없습니다.

Copyright © KASDA Korean American Seventh-day Adventists All Right Reserved admin@kasda.com