By Loving Us First, God Makes Us Love One Another > 엘렌의 글방

사이트 내 전체검색

엘렌의 글방

By Loving Us First, God Makes Us Love One Another

페이지 정보

글씨크기

본문

By Loving Us First, God Makes Us Love One Another ㅡ

“We love him, because he first loved us.

If a man say, I love God, and hateth his brother, he is a liar: for he that loveth not his brother whom he hath seen, how can he love God whom he hath not seen?”
 (1 John 4:19, 20)

“And the King shall answer and say unto them, Verily I say unto you, Inasmuch as ye have done it unto one of the least of these my brethren, ye have done it unto me.”
 (Matthew 25:40)

In view of what Christ has done for us, and what He has suffered for sinners, we should, out of pure, disinterested love for souls, imitate His example by sacrificing our own pleasure and convenience for their good.

The joy set before Christ, which sustained Him in all His sufferings, was the salvation of poor sinners.

This should be our joy and the spur of our ambition in the cause of our Master.

In so doing we please God and manifest our love and devotion to Him as His servants.

He first loved us, and withheld not from us His beloved Son, but gave Him from His bosom to die that we might have life.

Love, true love for our fellow men, evinces love to God.

We may make a high profession, yet without this love it is nothing.

Our faith may lead us to even give our bodies to be burned, yet without self-sacrificing love, such as lived in the bosom of Jesus and was exemplified in His life, we are as sounding brass and a tinkling cymbal.

(Testimonies for the Church Volume 2 115)

www.3AMS.com

댓글목록

등록된 댓글이 없습니다.

Copyright © KASDA Korean American Seventh-day Adventists All Right Reserved admin@kasda.com